Posted on: May 22, 2011 3:27 pm
Michigan state has had some very weak draft classes over the past six years. However this years team is filled withd talent that could produce several solid NFL players here are my top 4 eligible players for this years draft.
1. Jerel Worthy, DT: this guy is an obvious choice he is quick and athletic at his registered weight of 310 lbs. He is constantly double teamed, but neeeds to find a way to get through some of those double teams. I believe he will have a big time year and prove he deserves that top five pick he is being perdicted as.
2.Kirk cousins, QB: this is a tough choice here. Kirk has the size to play in the NFL, he has good arm strength, very good accuracy. However, his decision making can be questioning at times. He panics when pressure comes and will typically thow a bad pass that is intercepted. For him to work his way into the first round, which he has the talent to do he will have to have a good season. My best guess? Some where around 3,000 yards passing, 25 TD's and only 7or 9 interceptions. If he does that he could be any where between the 5th or 3rd best QB in this draft.
3.Joel Foreman, G: Joel has been a four nyear starter four michigan state and has been the best offensive linemen for all of those years. He has good size and strength has been very solid against top competion. He was one of the best pulling guards I have ever ween. However, he doesn't have great speed and isn't known well throughout the country and even most Spartan fans don't know who he is. But he is very solid and could go any where from the Mid second to mid third.
4.Trenton Robinson, FS: Trent is a former walk-on who always seems to have a chip on his shoulder when he is out on that field which is definetly not a bad thing. He constantly making play whether it's interceptions, big hits, or breaking up passes. He has a tendency to bit on play-action or be to aggresive in coverage but other than that he is a solid mid round pick, that could be a steal.
Posted on: September 19, 2010 12:32 pm
State really deserved this win. They forced three turnovers, constantly hit dayne cryist and made the irish defense tired and make mistakes. The pass defense did allow 360 yards and four touchdowns. But that is put on the defensive cordinator. He constantly had johnny adams lined up on micheal floyd. That was a mismatch, when you had chris L. rucker YOUR best cover corner who when lined up on him did not allow a gain bigger then 5 yards. This helps show what we have in our secondary, ChrisL is the cover guy, Adams is our big play man, Hyde is our inconsitent player who occasionlly plays well, and trenton robinson the hardest hitter. The offense played well cousins struggled early but lead his team to a win none the less. And little giants will now forever part of spartan lore.
Posted on: June 28, 2010 9:11 pm
Man it's only June? Another two months untill the NFL preseason starts. I am ready for the season to start, my MSU perdition is out, I am currently working on my lions perdiction. I have been doing a lot of thinking about this up coming football year and have come to the conclusion that this sport controls the avergare american's life for about 30% percent of their day, mine is about 50% because... well... what else am I supposed to do watch baseball? No I can't do that I have to sit here and learn that Michigan state is perdicted to finsh fifth by almost all sports websites. That is how I spend my summer.
Posted on: April 30, 2010 5:59 pm
Edited on: June 4, 2010 8:39 pm
I'm am now going to do a game by game schedule analysis a perdiction. First up...
Posted on: April 25, 2010 5:35 pm
After going to michigan state's spring game and was very surprised. The game was low scoring unlike last years, and had very good secondary play. Kirk cousins was near perfection going 10-15 passing for 254 yards and a TD. While maxwell went 14-33 for 244 and a TD, even boistur the freshman played a little. The o-line struggled, but it is very challenging when you split the linemen apart. The linebackers were great as always, I was very suprised by Denicos allen who played very well or the green team. The wideouts were good for the second straight year, Mark dell was a very good deep threat havin three giant catches that set up thye green to score. The running game strugled behind a split line but together piled up around 140 yards. But I really was watching the DBs who had a good day really controling the game. Most of the big plays occured because it was a schorlership player vs a walk-on johnny adams really caught my after redshirted last year because of injury, he really was good in coverage and made some plays recovering a fumble aand breaking up some passes, he really reminded me of joe haden corner now with the cleavland browns. Great in coverage, and has some speed and agility. Chris L. rucker also looked very good in coverage. Jarius jones was hitting people like he didn't know who they were, and marcus hyde had a good pass deflection.
Posted on: April 25, 2010 2:14 pm
On friday michigan state showed off their new brand idenity. And many people believe they are the worst things to happn since Muddy Waters walked on MSU's campus. I however am not; the entire point off this change was to unite this program. They were tired of having football be 1960's themed, basketball being new and in style, hockey using the good all fanshioned script state. They wanted to unite a program which has changed it football uniforms 4 times in the last decade. This is a permanent answer for the program. I do realize they are different and will take time to get use to. But saying they look like 10 dollar walmart jerseys? Come on give Mark hollis a break, he is turning a medicore sports program as he said " Into a sleeping giant." If you haven't seen them then here is a link http://www.msuspartans.com/view.gal
Posted on: April 3, 2010 8:54 pm
They played their hearts out. Thats the main point, yes, with 8 minutes the spartans had 10 fouls to butlers 4. But they got their without first-team Big Ten Kalin Lucas. Those fouls weren't fouls that is all I can say. I mean, come on they totally took a Green and they think theres is no foul? But in the end it is their fault, they were with in 2 and couldn't do it.
Posted on: March 9, 2010 9:23 pm
Here are my top prospects from MSU.
1. Greg Jones- He is a future top ten pick, if not a top five. His speed and agility help him get from sideline to sideline. He is a little undersized but makes up for it with his ability to play.
2. Eric Gordon- Unlike Jones he is about the size the NFL likes. He still has good speed and is a great run stopper.
3. Kirk Cousins- He has very good accuracy and good arm strength. He has decent speed and agility to get out of the pocket. He needs to stand in there more and take the hit because when he panics he throws the ball into space.
4. Joel Foreman- He reminds me alot of all-bigten play Bryan Bulaga. Very good footwork and punishes the Defensive linemen.
5. BJ Cunningham- He has great hands giving him the ability to go up and catch the ball. He doesn't have great spped but has the power to pick up YAC.
6. Brian Linthicum- Good speep for a TE and has great hands.
7. Edwin Baker- Has the power to run through the tackles, but poses the speed to turn the corner abd break it open.
8. Chris L. Rucker- He had a tough season but has great speed and hands. He needs to work on his ball finding skills, he is more of a press guy.
9. Keshawn Martin- Fantastic speed, and good hands. Needs to get bigger and stronger, plus get over the 200 lb mark.
10. Larry Caper- Very powerful runner, and has pretty good speed, Needs to work on his catching of the football.